Guest speaker

Okaayyyy sooo It’s been a while since I wrote a blog. Wow ladies and gents are you ready for a story I have for you. Pass few classes we have had  guest speakers come in and tell us about folktale and their stories and how they’ve been told to them. So we recently learned more about Kenyan folktales and how unique they are from other folktales and I say this because kenyan folktales makes it seem like you where there it’s very realistic in a way that makes your imagination go wild. The uniqueness about kenyan folktale is that most of the time it follows through with a song which is very traditional  and really makes the story come alive. For instance when Dr. Ochieng’ K’Olewe told wonderful stories to the class. One being about the money and the shark story which is one of my favorites because the shark took the monkey as a fool and he was know fool, and the ending made me laugh the most. I would tell you guys the story but I don’t think I can tell it as good as he did. It was just wonderful I had a good time in class and if you want to learn more about that story comment and let me know !! But for those that heard the multiple stories which was your favorite? I also like the story when the moral of it was to be nice to strangers because you never know who will walk in your life and need your help. These stories were also different because they all had a different lesson to learn from and it was interesting way to learn. Dr. Ochieng’ K’Olewe really made me better understand the existence of folktales and why they were created. Telling folktales was a huge way to explain something to a child that had questions about something or good story to tell children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty and the Beast

Never underestimate a girl

Observation is Key πŸ”‘